Tandem Harness Set
Simply named Pilot harness and Passenger harness these harness set is APCO's foot mark in the tandem harness market.
Specially designed for professional use by tandem pilots and their passengers.
Each harness is designed to be used as part of an integrated set for Pilot and Passenger. Synergized to work perfectly together.
Of course each harness can be used on its own, but they work best when combined.
Extremely comfortable, safe, and light, the pilot harness was designed for ease of use with maximum protection. The seat plate is flared outward to accommodate the passenger. The Pilot Harness provides excellent ergonomics on the ground and in flight. Many special features have been built in to make the pilot's job easier, and more comfortable.
One feature deserves special attention: The harness set is equipped with a special, unique pilot stirrup - which helps provide for automatic transition of passenger into sitting position. This is pilot operated on take-off (original solution developed by APCO. Credit to Matthieu Arlettaz). The stirrup doubles as a foot rest, supporting pilots legs during flight and relieving leg strain during flight.
The harness has multiple adjustment points to fit a wide range of pilot sizes - thus it can be offered in one size only.
Getting in and out of harness is extremely easy.
The Pilot Harness
integrates together perfectly with the matching Passenger Harness
and at its best when coupled with the Passenger Harness
- Only 2.9kg. without seatplate and airfoam (add 600gr. for plywood seatplate)
- Maximum protection - APCO's standard airfoam protector with lexan plate
- Automatic passenger transition into sitting position on take-off (pioneered by APCO)
- Pilot leg rest stirrup (APCO unique)
- Low volume - easy to fold and pack
- Foolproof chest T-lock system
- Emergency parachute under the seat
- Deployment handle highly visible and accessible for right or left hand deployment
- Optimal back support with APCO exclusive load spreading semi-rigid elements and thick airmesh lining for breathability and comfort.
- New, lightweight Quick Lock Buckles
- Reflective piping for better visibility in the air and on the ground
- Plenty of space in the back pocket
- Two extra mesh compartments in the back pocket
- Additional pocket for notes and documents
- Two mesh side pockets for easy access in flight
- Water bladder ready
- High density cloth - light, strong and durable
- Cloth covered shoulder straps
- Integrated channelling for emergency parachute connection
- Loop and slide adjusters for one handed in-flight adjustment
- 7075 T6 Aluminum aviation grade hardware
- Designed for use with APCO's new 3 Ton forged carabiner (harness designed specially to be coupled with this carabiner)
- + much, much more......
|Weight of Pilot Harness
||- 2.9 [Kg]
||- 0.6 [Kg]
|Pilot Harness Total
||- 3.5 [Kg]
|Airfoam Protector+lexan plate (optional)
||- 1.0 [Kg]
Foam Protector and Lexan Sheet
The TANDEM PILOT harness has an integrated pilot protection system, combining the APCO standard airfoam protector with a lexan plate (Code 47143). The lexan plate aids in spreading the load over the absorbing area of the airfoam, offering the maximum protection available to a paraglider pilot today. Test results conducted by DHV confirm that our standard 15cm Airfoam protector is fully in line with DHV requirements when used in combination with harness.
Test results conducted by DHV confirm that our standard 15cm Airfoam protector is fully in
line with DHV requirements when used in combination with Pilot Harness type harness.
Accumulated experience from APCO's immensely successful Mayday range was implemented into the Pilot harness. The integrated emergency parachute compartment is perfectly located under the pilot seat, providing extra protection as well as having the emergency deployment handle intuitively positioned at close reach (and highly visible) and suitable for left or right hand deployment. The integrated emergency parachute compartment is ideally suited to accept the range of APCO Mayday parachutes which have proven themselves time and time again, saving hundreds of pilots over the years
The Pilot Tandem harness is available in one color design with Black body.
- 42400 - Pilot Harness
- 42150 - Airfoam Protector for Pilot
- AP-100/2T - Al. Carabiner 3 Ton double safety
- AP-100/3T - Al. Carabiner 3 Ton triple safety
Pilot Harness includes harness with seatplate and emergency parachute deployment handle (does not include Airfoam protector and Carabiners)
- Foam Protector and Lexan Sheet