Tandem Harness Set
Simply named Pilot harness and Passenger harness these harness set is APCO's foot mark in the tandem harness market.
Specially designed for professional use by tandem pilots and their passengers.
Each harness is designed to be used as part of an integrated set for Pilot and Passenger. Synergized to work perfectly together.
Of course each harness can be used on its own, but they work best when combined.
Like the matching Pilot Harness, the Passenger Harness is highly comfortable, safe and light, designed for ease of use with maximum protection.
Harness provides for excellent ergonomics on the ground and in flight.
Numerous special features built into it to make use comfortable and job easy.
Equipped with under the seat, specially designed Cygnus airbag. Dual inlets installed on each side of airbag and combined with classic frontal intake valve to ensure airbag is fully inflated at all stages of flight, no matter what the passenger position is.
Unlike any other Passenger Harness our harness allows for automatic transition to sitting position of passenger on take-off (pilot induced), making in and out of harness extremely easy.
The harness has multiple adjustment points to fit a wide range of passenger sizes - offered in one size only.
- Only 2.2kg. without seatplate and airfoam (add 500gr. for plywood seatplate)
- Maximum protection - APCO's under the seat inflatable airbag + airfoam back protection
- Automatic passenger transition into sitting position on take-off (pioneered by APCO)
- Low volume - easy to fold and pack
- Foolproof get-up buckle system
- Integrated velcroed instrument deck on the back for pilot use
- Two side pockets on the back for pilot use
- Special side handles highly visible and accessible for launch assistant (also something for passenger to grab during flight)
- Optimal back support and thick airmesh lining for breathability and comfort.
- Reflective piping for better visibility in the air and on the ground
- Plenty of space in the back pocket
- Plenty of additional pockets
- High density cloth - light, strong and durable
- Cloth covered shoulder straps
- Loop and slide adjusters for one handed in-flight adjustment
- 7075 T6 Aluminum aviation grade hardware
- Designed for use with APCO's new 3 Ton forged carabiner (harness designed specially to be coupled with this carabiner)
- + much, much more......
click to Enlarge
1. Pilot leg rest stirrup - Automatic passenger transition into sitting position on take-off (pioneered by APCO),
2. APCO's under the seat inflatable airbag with side mounted inlet,
3. Special side handles highly visible and accessible for launch assistant (also something for passenger to grab during flight),
4. Integrated velcroed instrument deck on the back for pilot use,
5. Two side pockets on the back for pilot use
|Weight of Passenger Harness
||- 2.2 [Kg]
||- 0.5 [Kg]
|Pilot Harness Total
||- 2.7 [Kg]
||- 0.6 [Kg]
Integrated Cygnus Airbag
Passenger protection was top priority when designing the passenger harness. It has an aerodynamiclly shaped integrated cygnus airbag built in with 2 side inlets and one large center inlet insuring constant inflation of the air bag, no matter where tha passengers legs are positioned. The cygnus airbag, protects the body, utilizing our proven chamber system for controlled air release on impact.
Foam Protector (inc. as standard in the harness)
In addition to the cygnus Airbag the passenger harness has integrated foam back protection. The built in foam protects the back area of the passenger but also protected the front of the pilot's body in case off an accident.
The Pilot Tandem harness is available in one color design with Black body.
- 42500 - Passenger Harness
- 44030 - Pilot Stirrup/Footrest - to connect to Passenger harness (set L+R)
- AP-100/2T - Al. Carabiner 3 Ton double safety
- AP-100/3T - Al. Carabiner 3 Ton triple safety
Pilot Harness includes harness with seatplate and foam back protection (does not include Carabiners)